A few months ago, I was inspired to start my own blog. Today, finally, I am writing it. For most of our family and friends, it's been awhile. We've been in Piney River, Virginia for almost two years now. And what an adventure! John is now managing sheep, goats, cattle, and hogs, and helps the poultry manager considerably. We have aquired seven horses. One is a Fresian cross who is trained to pull a cart, so John and I are going to learn to drive. The girls have a pony named Charlie. He's teaching them to sit still and be quiet!
We've lived in a lot of different places, and I think by far Virginia is the prettiest. We're at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. They really are blue at times. West and south of us is the Shenendoah Valley, where there are caves full of huge stalactites and stalagmites. And to the east, of course, is the ocean. The three youngest girls had never seen an ocean before, so that was the big excitement of the summer.
John has pictures of the farm stored in various places on various computers and storage devices. When I find them, I will post them. For now, I am quite satisfied that I have actually completed one post!
No comments:
Post a Comment